Real Mask or Real ME?

Now I understand Orwell's statement in his essay "Shooting an Elephant" that people wear mask and it can grow to fit with their face. Yes, people are wearing masks in different kinds of occasion, because they need to fulfill the expectation of the social life they are living. And over time, our real "face" is no longer seen or appeared because the "mask" has grown to fit with it. I am wearing a mask, and I make people have a cognition that the mask is me, not the face, the real ME. Only very few people, the people I trust, can see my real face, even though it might be just not the whole part of it. Perhaps my full face only appears when I am alone, in my room, or in the bathroom. Well, who knows..

However, I would never say people need to be "real". Being real or fake, wearing mask or not, has never been wrong at all. It is the privilege or each one to do so in order to get what they want in social life. But there is one important thing to keep in our mind: in interacting with others, treat people good, no matter which mode they are using, no matter in what mode we treat them. If we treat people well, we'll think and feel good, and it simply makes us happy :)

One question comes out. Do you see a real ME?
Hope you would see it then.


No comments:

Post a Comment