PCOS?

What is PCO? 

PCO or PCOs (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a condition where woman's hormones are out of balance. Normally, the ovaries make a tiny amount of Androgen (male hormone) but in PCOs they make slightly more. This condition cause the ovaries stop ovulating. That is why women with PCOs (me) have trouble in getting pregnant.

Three main features of symptom in PCOS are:
🔹cysts in the ovaries (which to me cysts are indicated in my right-sided ovary)
🔹high levels of male hormones
🔹irregular and skipped periods

In PCO, many small, fluid-filled sacs grow inside the ovaries. The word "polycystics" means "many cysts." These sacs are actually follicles, each one containing an immature egg. The eggs never mature enough to trigger ovulation.


How to treat PCO? 

Besides medical treatment, which common use of Metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug to treat type 2 diabetes which also treat PCOS by improving insulin levels. Regular exercise, healthy foods, and weight control, are the key treatments for PCOS. Treatment can reduce unpleasant symptoms and help prevent long-term health problems.

Well, well...
I never thougt that something really serious happened to me. 
Not until I found and saw the Doctor. 
He prescribed me Metformin for 34 days-use until the next appointment which was scheduled on November 4th. 
He also gave a reference of Dr. Bambang (who is the Gynecologist at YPK Hospital) for PCO second-analyzing. 

Thank God for saving me, that I could have known it earlier. Again, I know that God must have a better plan for me and husband. This is the path we have to be through. 
Nooowww, its time for me to change my daily menu (with no junkfood on the list). 
And I know it would be sooooo hard to follow, but this is for the GOODNESS sake.


Bismillah.. bismillah.. Bismillaah.. 








No comments:

Post a Comment